Holyrood 2016: Next week sees manifesto launch
Next week (April 20) sees the formal launch of the SNP’s manifesto for the Scottish Parliament election on May 5, 2016 setting out the party’s vision and ideas for the next five years.
Since 2007, every home in Scotland has benefited in some way from SNP government policies and the party has a record to be proud of:
- Record funding and staff numbers for Scotland’s NHS with some of the fastest and best treatment in the UK.
- Additional childcare, free school meals, record exam results and free university tuition.
- Business rates slashed or abolished for almost 100,000 employees.
- Council tax frozen for nine years saving the average household £1,550.
- Free bus travel for pensioners and protection for the most vulnerable in our society from UK Conservative government cuts.
- Over 30,000 affordable homes built and 20,000 families helped to buy a home.
- A thousand extra police on the streets helping to reduce crime to its lowest level for 41 years.
Now the party is ambitious to do more and the manifesto will set out how a re-elected SNP government would give our children a better start in life with more opportunities, transform our NHS, and deliver more and better paid jobs too.